Just like women, men also need to take care of their skin to keep it healthy. The skin of men undergoes many changes through the years and they also suffer from skin problems like pimples, acne marks, skin darkening, razor burns, blemishes and blackheads.
Sun, pollution, smoking and improper skin care routine can take a toll on a man’s skin. But the overall health of the skin can be improved. For this, men will need different skin care products and proper skin care routines, which they can adopt as part of their daily routine to get healthy skin.
Here are 10 tips for men to improve their skin.
- Always use a good quality razor for shaving and always make sure the blades are sharp to enjoy clean shave. First, soften the skin with shaving cream and then start shaving in the direction of the hair. Once done, do not forget to use an after-shave lotion to keep the skin free from infection.
- Men must regularly exfoliate their skin. This is very important as men have large pores and active skin glands that produce oil. Due to excess oil the skin pores may get clogged and result in acne, pimple and other skin problems. Exfoliating will help to keep the pores open, make the skin hydrated, remove the dead skin cells and soften the hair follicles for a better and smooth shave. Always use a good product for exfoliating.
- Men should wash their face two to three times a day with a proper face wash. Washing the face several times a day helps the skin to breathe properly and keeps it free from clogged pores. Never use a medicated soap or cleanser to wash your face as it can have adverse effect on your skin. Also use a face wash according to your skin type.
- As men have larger pores as compared to women, it becomes even more important to keep the skin moisturized. After taking a shower, apply a good amount of moisturizer on your body. On damp or wet skin it becomes easier for the moisturizer to get absorbed on the skin. Also before going to bed at night, wash your face properly and apply some moisturizer.
- Before stepping out in the sun, apply a sunscreen with both UVB and UVA protection all over your exposed body parts. Get a sunscreen made for your skin type and apply it half an hour before going out. Also re-apply sunscreen several times a day. Also it is recommended to avoid being in sun between 10 am to 3 pm to prevent sun tan.
- To enjoy healthy skin, men should follow a healthy diet plan. Eat foods that are high in nutrients like fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grain foods, beans and low fat dairy products. Also avoid oily and fried foods which can have an adverse effect on the skin. Plus, try to eat small meals at regular intervals and do not make the mistake of skipping breakfast.
- It is also important to drink plenty of water throughout the day. Water helps to flush out toxins from the body, which is essential for healthy skin. Also water helps to keep the skin hydrated and prevents skin problems.
- Try to sleep tight to maintain healthy skin. It has been found that lack of sleep accelerates the aging process. Your skin will show signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet at an early age. So indulge in proper eight hours of sleep for fresh looking skin.
- Also, be sure to exercise daily to keep yourself healthy and fit. A healthy body means good blood circulation which helps boost collagen production and therefore, give a more youthful appearance.
- Try to quit smoking as it can make men appear much older than what they actually are as compared to those who are of the same age and do not smoke. If you care about your skin and health, give up smoking today.
By following these tips men can easily maintain good and healthy skin for many years.