Today’s men tend to lead a busy life and give more priority to their work. But often due to this, health and fitness are not in their priority list. This leads to health and other related problems. If you wish to remain healthy, there are certain healthy habits that you should consider.
Here are some healthy habits that every man should follow.
- Correct posture: Every man should practice correct posture in order to prevent injury and ensure that his back is mobile and ready for action. Good posture can also boost confidence and aid proper breathing by ensuring an open airway. On the other hand poor posture can lead to neck and back pain among other issues.
- Stretch twice daily: Stretching is important for every man, but stretching is often ignored. Research shows that stretching after an exercise can improve athletic performance, decrease the risk of injury and increase the blood flow to muscles. Stretch every morning and night.
- Breathe properly: Most men don’t breathe properly. Try to breathe from your stomach, rather than your chest. This will maximize oxygen intake and relaxes both body and mind. Also try to take deep breathe in an open area for ten minutes daily. To know more about proper way of breathing, check www.health.harvard.edu.
- Maintain a healthy diet: A balanced diet is a crucial step towards a healthy body. It will improve energy, reduce stress and help maintain a healthy body weight. On the long run, it will also help prevent heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and multiple types of cancer. Along with a healthy diet, you must also try to eat smaller meals, more frequently.
- Eat a healthy breakfast: No matter how busy you are, do not skip your breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It will kick-start your metabolism as well as improves your physical and mental well-being. You can find some simple and healthy breakfast recipes at www.bbcgoodfood.com.
- Stay hydrated: It is important to stay adequately hydrated throughout the day. Drink enough water to avoid dehydration which can cause sleepiness, headache, dizziness and irritability. Drink at least eight to ten glasses of water daily. When going out, do not forget to carry a bottle of water with you.
- Get enough sleep: At the end of the end, body needs rest and hence you need to enjoy proper sleep at night. Irrespective of how busy you might be, you need to take out time and get a full night of sleep. This can lower stress, improve memory and attention and decrease the risk for cardiovascular disease. Sleep requirement varies from person to person. To know how much you need to sleep, check www.sleepfoundation.org.
- Exercise: All men should exercise, if not daily then at least 3-4 times a week. There are many benefits of exercise beyond maintaining a healthy body weight. Regular exercise can boost energy, improve mood, promote better sleep and prevent several diseases.
- Manage stress: Excessive stress can take a toll on personal as well as professional life. Stress can even be the reason behind many health issues. This is why it is highly essential to take all the necessary steps to reduce stress. You can try exercise or meditation or take help from experts to control stress.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking: Every man should have a control on their drinking habit. When consumed in moderation, alcohol is not bad for health. But heavy alcohol consumption can lead to serious health consequences. To maintain a healthy lifestyle, it is also important to avoid smoking.
Many of these habits are interrelated and work well in combination. Try them out and discover what works best for you and lead a healthy life.